The following are the minimum graduation requirements for the Au.D. program:
- Completion of all required courses in the graduate Audiology curriculum
- An overall graduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (A=4.0) with a minimum competency level of B (or P) in all courses and clinical practica
- Successful completion of an ASHA-approved practicum that is equivalent to a minimum of 12 months of full-time, supervised experience
- A scholarly work submitted in written form, presented orally before a forum of CSD faculty and students, and approved by the student's mentor (for research option) or expert faculty evaluators (for case studies option)
- Taking the Praxis exam in audiology
See the AuD Student Handbook for additional information regarding graduation requirements.
Students must file an online Application for Graduation and Diploma at the beginning of the semester in which they intend to graduate. For instructions on how to do so, please visit the Information for Graduating Students page on the CEHS Office of Student Advising and Records website.
Following the completion of the AuD program, students are encouraged to apply for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A).