The following are the minimum graduation requirements for the M.S. degree program:
- Completion of all required courses in the graduate Speech-Language Pathology curriculum
- An overall graduate grade point average of at least 3.00 with a minimum competency level of B (or P) in all courses and clinical practica
- A minimum of 400 clock hours of supervised practicum, including at least 25 observation hours of speech-language pathology services and 375 hours of direct patient/client contact
- Completion of a school clinical placement during graduate school
- Successful completion of a professional portfolio that serves as a formative and summative assessment or the successful completion of a M.S. thesis
- Taking the Praxis exam in speech-language pathology
Students must file an online Application for Graduation and Diploma at the beginning of the semester in which they intend to graduate. For instructions on how to do so, please visit the Information for Graduating Students page on the CEHS Office of Student Advising and Records website.
At the time of the Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship, graduates of the M.S. program are encouraged to apply for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).